The year has gone by in a flash. We’re now in the month of December, just a few days away from 2016. It’s the time where I always have mixed feelings; both sad and happy at the same time.
2015 wasn’t the best year for me. Hit many bumps along the way. So, in a way I’m glad that the new year is just around the corner but sad at the same time because it’s time to say good bye to 2015. Also, work starts on 2nd Jan. What a bummer!
I decided to look back at old posts on new year resolutions. The last resolution I wrote was in year 2012. Holy cow! 3 years ago. I took a look at it anyway and realised that I have not accomplished much EVEN AFTER 3 YEARS.
But… I must say that I have managed to get at least a few things done this year:
- Read 95% of the bible; Downloaded an app to finish reading the bible in one year. Missed out on a few days which I’m definitely going to finish by Jan 2016. Without the app, I would have only read a few pages. *Pats on the back*
- Picked up a new skill
- Exercised 3 times a week for almost 10 months; the best part of it is that almost everyone I’ve not seen in a while said that I’ve lost so much of body fat although that was not my priority. Just wanted to be be fit and lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Learnt to relax and not stress so much about work; I’m usually a very tensed person and I panic easily
Initially, I wasn’t going to list down any resolutions. But, I realized it is good to have one regardless if I accomplished any. It keeps me in check and will try to get it done the following year.
MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS FOR THE YEAR 2016
- Launch an online business
- Continue with exercising 3 times a week
- Read Secrets Of A Self Made Millionaire by Adam Khoo; in the midst of reading this book and it’s been 3 months since I started
- To be more organised and well planned for all projects and work
- To post more often on this blog; aiming at 2 posts a week whether it is a tutorial, haul, beauty tip or product review.
That’s 5 resolutions for the year 2016. Having a 6th would be a little too much for me but I may attempt it if I’m able to execute resolution #4.
6. Expand twopinkcheeks.com; what would you like to see more from me apart from the usuals?
I’m at work editing this post to be able to wish you all in time (I know I have been slacking). So, Happy New Year to you all! Be safe and sound however and wherever you’re celebrating. I’ll be at home counting down with my lil boy while I try to put him to bed. The mummy lifestyle I now have.
Cheers. Here’s to a great year ahead!