CC creams. I heard it’s all the rage now. So, out of curiosity I’ve jumped on the bandwagon and tried two so far. Both drugstore and high-end; one of them is Mary Kay. I must say the product did surprise me. But, TBH I don’t see any difference between BB creams and CC creams.
First Impression, Product & Packaging
Comes in a box packaging; nothing too fancy or dull. I liked how it is packaged in a plastic tube pump style. It’s light and great for traveling and/or to throw into your purse for any touchups. With the pump, I have full control of obtaining the product. On a daily basis, I use two full pumps for my face. Contains 1 fl. oz, plenty to use.
Awesome pump mentioned above
Product Claims and Did It Deliver?
• Protects – Yes
• Brightens – Yes
• Corrects with lightweight coverage – Yes
• Minimizes redness – Yes
• Conceals – Yes
• Hydrates – Yes
• Reduces visible signs of aging – Can’t tell over the course of 8 weeks usage
• Defends – Unsure if the product did defend against any environmental stressors
I like how it feels really lightweight on my skin with just one layer of application. Coverage wise, it is medium and can be buildable. I’d say with one layer, it looks natural. Product is easy to blend onto the skin. I usually use my Sigma Flat Top Kabuki F80 to apply the product. It’s great that the product contains SPF15; saves me the time of applying sunscreen before applying the CC cream. I feel less “cakey” that way.
I’ve tried it for 8 weeks now. I must say the quality of the product is good; free of parabens and contains powerful antioxidants, including vitamin E and silymarin extract. I did not experience any breakouts but please do bear in mind, what works for me may work differently for you. The product has claimed that it is suitable for all skin types.
Available in 4 shades and I’m in the shade “very light”. I like how their CC cream caters to a wide range of skin tones.
RM75. In my dictionary; expensive.
Place Of Purchase
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants
6 Months Post Pregnancy Face – I’ve got a chubbier face with not so great looking skin. Only eyeshadow was applied on the “Before” picture, face was free of any product.
Overall, I truly enjoyed the product. I don’t usually browse through the high-end cosmetics section so I am glad I was sent this product. Would I buy it? Yes, I would but because of the pricing I’d rather wait for someone to buy it as a present. Errr… my birthday is around the corner. Just saying. Why pay for more when I already have a HG (HolyGrail) BB cream that is a fraction of the price. Being a mother means being frugal.
The only downside to this is that when doing any flash photography, a white cast is seen simply because it contains SPF. That’s just the nature of SPF. So to be on the safe side, try wearing a product without SPF to any events or night functions.
Photo taken with flash. Notice the white cast on the cheeks? I applied the product onto that area to show how the product would look like with flash photography.
Now, here comes the fun part. A GIVEAWAY! Yes, you heard me. I’m giving away 1 set of Mary Kay’s Simply Alluring Body Creme & Simply Alluring Shower Creme to 1 lucky reader.
You might be just the winner by doing the following:
- Like twopinkcheeks on FB
- Follow twopinkcheeks on Twitter
- Comment on the blog page; REVIEW: Mary Kay CC Cream SPF15 on what you would like to see in future, anything beauty, pregnancy and baby related. Don’t forget to leave your name and email.
- Giveaway ends 29th June 2014, 8pm
- Winner will be announced on my FB page
Giveaway Rules & Regulations
- Starts 22nd June 2014, 8am
- Ends 8th July 2014, 8pm
- Open to all Malaysian citizens (will have an international giveaway once the blog hits 3,000 subscribers)
- All tasks on rafflecopter must be completed
- Winner will be announced on my FB page and will be contacted via email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is selected
- Winner is chosen via random.org
- While the giveaway is free, the winner will have to pay for the local postage
Good luck and have fun! Till then, Toodles!
Note: Subscribe to twoPinkcheeks.com‘s Blog! Huge giveaway (International) when I get 3,000 subscribers on my blog.