Happy Saturday everyone! The weekdays passes by so quickly and before we know it, its the weekend again. Now, I enjoy my weekends even more coz I spend every minute of it with my lil’ bub who brings nothing but joy and laughter. Talking a typical mom huh? But, on top of all that, I still find the time to enjoy makeup every now and then. So here’s a review on the BH Cosmetics Eyes on the 70s palette…
- Affordable and inexpensive; USD$7.95 (errr.. I bought it for USD$9.95 when it first launched) + USD$21.95 shipping to KL [approx. RM3.40 per color; cheap, no?]
- Nice packaging
- Average pigmentation; some colors are chalky but buildable
- Create endless eye looks from the 70s or even just day/ night looks
Heart shapes represent the colors I like
Row 1 & 2
Row 3 & 4
NOT AWESOME because…
- Barely any matte colors
- Too many blue and green shades; I suppose they were the rage back in the 70s?
- Quite a bit of fall out with some colors; colors with the chunkier glitter
- Palette colors contains parabens; something you ought to know if you’re one to prefer “paraben-free” products
Overall, it’s an OK palette. It’s just not my go-to palette because I don’t fancy no blue and green eye colors. I would prolly only reach for this palette if I had a 70s theme party to go to, maybe Halloween and/or to the office with those neutral colors.
As much as I like the products that BH Cosmetics comes out with, I get really upset with their pricing. Most of the time I think I’m getting a really good deal and when I browse through their website again, the price has been reduced within the next few days or weeks! Has that ever happen to you?
Oh well, have you tried this palette yet? What are your thoughts? It’s Hari Raya in the next few days. So, to those who are celebrating the occasion, Selamat Hari Raya! Till then, Toodles!
Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me unless stated otherwise. Nevertheless, I will provide my honest opinions even if the products were provided for consideration. I am picky and particular in that way.
Note: Subscribe to http://www.twopinkcheeks.com! Huge giveaway (International) when I get 3,000 subscribers on my blog.
FB: twopinkcheeks TWITTER: twopinkcheeks INSTAGRAM: twopinkcheeks PINTEREST: twopinkcheeks YOUTUBE: twopinkcheeks EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org