I have been using Sigma brushes for almost a year now and i must say they are by far the best set of brushes i have ever used. I am not saying that just so you would go and get a set of them too. I’ve actually tried and used it daily before reviewing these brushes.
The Complete Kit without Brush Roll (Black) costs USD$89 (approx. RM283.10 based on the exchange rate on 30.11.11). Isn’t that a steal!? Can’t remember about the shipping costs but definitely not a bomb. They ship international and i got my package in great condition! The complete kit has 12 brushes all together.
The following are how i usually use them:
E35 Tapered Blending – For eyeshadow application in the crease area
E40 Tapered Blending – For blending out the harsh lines around the crease
E55 Eye Shading – For application of eyeshadow on the whole lid
E65 Small Angle – For application of gel liner
E70 Medium Angled Shading – For application of the highlight color, just beneath the brow
E30 Pencil – For intensifying the “outer V” of the eye
F70 Concealer – For application of concealer (where dark circles appear and blend it)
F50 Duo Fibre – For application of blusher
F30 Large Powder – For application of bronzers/ face contour powders
The rest of the brushes in the kit, i use it occasionally when i feel like it.
Why i would recommend Sigma Brushes:
- Outlook of the brushes looks very professional (original black handle) if you were to embark in the journey of a make up artist
- Assorted colors available for individual tastes and personal usage
- Travel kits available for those always on the go
- Still in great condition after 1 year of extensive usage
- Allows for easy and good application of make up
- The hairs does not fall out
- Very soft hairs/ bristles
- Usable by both professional make up artist of personal use
Will I buy it again?:
Yes, their travel edition. Decided i am going to travel more next year! So, i am listing that into my wish list.
Sigma has just launched the “Bunny” collection which is a line of vegan brushes. Hooray! Now, everyone can have a taste of Sigma brushes. They come in a travel size at USD$59 and the essential range USD$109. The essential range is like the complete kit that i purchased except that it is vegan.
Time to do a tutorial real soon! Stay tune..